Ice Cream Crank Off | Banquet Hall Pavilion
Wednesday, July 28, 2021 | 3:00 p.m.
Entry fee: $5.00 per team
Pre-registration and entry fee must be sent to:
Vanderburgh County Fair
PO Box 58
Inglefield, IN 47618-0058
Make checks payable to the “Vanderburgh County Fair Association” Envelopes should arrive by July 19, 2021 in order to be eligible
For more information, please contact Jennifer Deutsch – (812) 431-1706
- Previous winning recipes in this contest will be ineligible.
- Open to anyone. Contestants may compete as a team or as an individual.
- Contestants will start freezing product and must be ready for judging in one hour. Electric or hand crank machines are permitted. Electricity for electric machines will be furnished.
- Ice will be furnished by the Vanderburgh County Fair. Contestants must provide their own rock salt.
- Copies of recipes must be displayed on a poster-size sign during the contest and presented to the judges on two 3 x 5 cards.
- All recipes must contain pasteurized dairy products and cooked eggs ONLY.
- Judging will be based on the following:
- A – Flavor
- B – Body and Texture
- C – Natural Ingredients
- D – Technique
- Three classes will be judged
- Sugar Free.
- All ice cream products will be offered to the public as taste samples for the People’s Choice award.
- The following awards will be given in each class
- Champion – $50
- Second Place – $20
- Third Place – $10
- People’s Choice – Ice Cream Maker
All awards are sponsored by Young Dairymen