Battle of the Cupcakes
Monday, July 24, 2017 • Auditorium
Entry Fee – $5.00 (per entry)
Registration and set-up: 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Decorating: 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Awards presented: 5:45 pm
Entry Fee and Pre-Registration Required:
Register by sending entry name and money to:
Purdue Extension – Vanderburgh County
13301 Darmstadt Rd
Suite A, Evansville IN 47725
For more information, contact the Vanderburgh County Extension Office at 812-435-5287 by Monday, July 17.
**For baked product competitions: Filling, frosting, glazing, pie filling, and meringue, whether cooked or uncooked are NOT permitted to contain cream cheese, whipped cream, unpasteurized milk or eggs/egg whites. Home canned fruits, vegetables, or meats are not permitted in products.
- Youth – up to age 12 (adult may be present, but work needs to be done by the youth)
- Youth – ages 12-18
- Group – Youth – ages 12-18
- Individual – 19 and older
- Group – 19 and older
- Professional (you typically earn money as a baker or chef or have a culinary arts degree)
Cupcakes will be judged on:
Following the contest rules, texture, flavor, presentation, creativity.
$5 fee per entry due by July 17 to address above. Additional $8 fair admission per person over 10 years of age – payable at fair gate.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd placing in each category will be awarded.
- Pre-registration must be sent into the Vanderburgh County Extension Office (812-435-5287) by July 18.
- Open to anyone. Contestants may compete in only one category.
- Entrants must provide all their prep supplies, utensils, and cleaning supplies to clean your area prior to judging.
- One 8-foot table will be provided with white plastic tablecloth per entrant.
- Cupcakes become the property of the Vanderburgh County Fair. Props for enhance-ment may be picked up on Sunday, following the fair, from noon to 2:00pm.
- Cupcakes may be made with cake mix and premade to bring in ready for decorating and must be baked by contestant.**
- Icing may be premade or purchased and brought to the contest. All decorative ele-ments must be made on site, hand-made, and be edible or covered in edible material. (Can use pre-made hard candies and coconut in design.)
- Minimum of 6 standard-sized real cupcakes for display, plus two additional cupcakes for judging. Cupcakes must fit within a 24‖x24‖ display area.
- Displays, stands, backdrops, and/or props intended to enhance the presentation of your entry cannot exceed the 24‖x24‖ table space allotted.
- At the end of the contest, the contestant(s) must have their cupcake display moved onto the predetermined display table ready for judging.